Mittwoch, 23. September 2015

Exchange student meeting

I already am for one month with my host family and more than one month in the United States. It doesn't felt so long yet, I feel like getting out of the plane was only like some days ago. So many things happen every day, my life is really busy!
Last Saturday there was a meeting with other exchange students. They've not been only from Germany, also from other countries like China, France and Finland.
First we visited an ropes course where we had to do different team building exercises. The first exercise was playing soccer with a huge soccerball, that was more to get to know each other and have fun together. Then there were four wood things with strings between them to build a net. We got told that we are robbers in an museum and we need to get out of the museum before the police comes without touching the laser, what were supposed to be those strings. But every time one person got through a hole it closes and nobody else could go through it. That was the hard part of the exercise so we had to look for the person who fits best through every hole. And not everyone can get through the whole by himself cause there were some holes that have been 2 meters over the ground. We had to carry eachother through the holes without letting go and touching. The group didn't accomplished that exercise because we were so many people and we planned a little bad.
But therefore we did the last exercise very well. There was a wood bar 2 meters above the ground and everyone had do go across it with help from the others, but everybody who wasn't over it had to stay at his side. So we had to help us getting up. This also was a lot of fun!
When we finished our exercises some of us went to an international fair to eat something and afterwards we were part of a parade, where we represented aspect foundation  (the organization). I had to carry the German flag and gave the kids who were watching candy and office cards.
There was also one girl from Germany and when I first started to talk to her on German it felt really strange and I felt like my voice sounded so different! I wonder how it will be when I get back to Germany. But that don't means that I already think in English, no most of the time my thoughts are still german, but it's getting better.

I hope you can understand what I'm writing, I am writing in English because I wasn't in the mood to write german, idk why.

Today I run my third CrossCountry race and it was awesome! Last time my time was about 35 minutes and this time I finished the 5 km after 30 minutes. So I improveed about 5 minutes, I am soo proud!

Lots of love to my german friends and family and whoever reads this,
Nike ❤

1 Kommentar:

  1. Toller Blog, tolle Erfahrungen.
    Ich werde ihn weiter verfolgen!
    Viel Erfolg und Spaß wünsche ich dir noch!

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich würde mich über jede Art von Kommentaren freuen. Egal ob Kritik, Lob oder Fragen. Hauptsache sie sind lieb!♥